External links

Thursday 7 July 2016

Going blond without damaging your hair

A step by step guide.


Naturally I'm a brunette but I always wanted to go blond. I remember the temptation of just putting a box die in my hair but after research and research I realised that highlights or a balayage where the best way to go. 

Natural hair colour 


Step 1 : highlights 


















After getting my first full head of highlights I realised that it would be a long process.



This is my hair now after six full heads of highlights. Its taken over a year and a half but my hair so much blonder and still healthy. Though its a long process I would definitely recommend it to keep your hair in good condition. 


Step 2 : Hair products 

The products you use on your hair after going blond is key to keeping it healthy. I would swear by using hair oils. I usually apply my favorite hair oil to damp hair before blow drying. I also use it as a mask overnight and wash it out the next day with shampoo and conditioner. It prevents the dryness and breakage that is associated with going lighter. For me I feel that it makes my hair shiny and soft. I use the OGX renewing and penetrating argan oil. 





















Shampoo is also very important. No one wants yellow, brassy looking hair. Purple shampoo is the best way to avoid this. I use the OGX thick and full biotin and collagen shampoo. I love the scent and the fact its purple is a bonus.
Conditioner is extremely important. To prevent dryness and breakage of the hair and to make it easy to brush your hair. I use the OGX thick and full biotin and collagen conditioner.






Step 3 : Maintenance  


Going blond can be a commitment. Its very important to top up your highlights around every 6 to 8 weeks. In saying that I've sometimes gone a bit longer. It truly depends on how blond you go. The blonder you are the more maintenance it is. My hair is definitely more maintenance now but I don't mind as I love the colour. 
However if you love low maintenance hair you can still go blond. Getting a balayage is much less maintenance than highlights. 


Thanks for reading if you have any questions at all comment down below or on my Instagram.

Tuesbelle Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment